I shared a little sneak peek of the Bebelambs Cassandra from pretesting at the end of this post. Cassandra has completed testing and launched today as part of Pattern Revolution’s Aspiring Designer’s Challenge.
I opted to make a Cassandra for each of the girls in the shirt length, sans ruffle. I also used rick rack for the straps, just as a fun addition. Because these were done during testing, they might vary slightly from the final pattern.
I made Elle the size 18 months. Perfect fit for her. I made River the size 3T, which gives her a bit of wiggle room. I think she’s straddling the line of 2T and 3T for this pattern. And Danica I made the 5T and 100% should have gone with a 4T for her. The 5T is way too big on her.
You can grab the pattern for Cassandra here. The top is shirred, but Lynn includes instruction on how to do that. I know a lot of people hear “shirring” and run in the opposite direction. It’s seriously so easy. Just hand wind your bobbins. The machine I had before my Elna, I could use the machine to wind them and it was perfect. Not the case with my Elna or Babylock.
Lynn is offering the pattern for 30% off all week. You can also enter a giveaway to win a free copy here.