As you may recall, or not, I posted here that I’d completely messed up the pockets on a dress I was working on. Messing up how I did the pocket threw almost everything on that dress out of whack. I can’t share photos yet, but it raised the neckline and it made my facings too big. You’d understand why if you could see the dress design.
Since it was for a pattern test, I started again. I didn’t do the sleeves that I did before and instead opted to bind my armholes with bias tape. There was no error in my previous sleeves, so I didn’t feel the need to test them again. I also shortened the length to more of a tunic length. Again, I’d figured out length in the previous dress. This remake was just to figure out pockets and check the facings.
Done! After a bit of struggling I figured out the pockets. I wanted to Hulk Smash them at first. Especially when I started making the same mistake. They seriously made me question my competence. But, I got them sorted, and Danica loves the pockets. The facings fit perfectly too.
Again, can’t share because it hasn’t released yet. I find it interesting how some designers will let you share with the world throughout the process and others ask that you wait. Just an interesting observation.
Here’s a sneak peak.